"What a refreshingly honest blog about listening to music through hi-fi. So happy to see views based upon the enjoyment of music rather than so-called sound 'quality'." - Peter Comeau, Director of Acoustic Design at Mission / Wharfedale

Monday 4 February 2013

Back To The Front (of Centre)

I've pulled my centre speaker forward on my rack.  It still sits about 40-50mm further back than the L and R speakers, but is now only about 25mm from the front of the rack where it was about 75mm.

It's really helped with movie and TV sound, but not in the way I expected.  I suppose I was expecting the voices to be clearer, or louder or something.  But the actual effect has been to make the sound all around the room much more of a whole - more coherent and less like its coming from individual speakers.

Good result.

No comments:

Post a Comment